Friday, January 30, 2009

Cracker Jack Tea

I had the most interesting surprise today....

A while ago, several whiles ago, my friend L told me that blueberry tea makes GREAT iced tea. Now, I'm not much of a tea drinker. I prefer coffee over tea and soda over iced. I love the idea of tea and the taste of coffee.

Anyway, so I went to the grocery store to buy some tea. What the hey... I'll give it a try. Iced blueberry tea certainly sounded delicious at the time. But I never ever made it. A few weeks ago, as I was organizing cabinets, I found the tea of good intentions. I left it out on the microwave to take it to work and offer it up to my tea drinking friends. It had never been opened.

This morning, I grabbed the box on my way out and set it on the desk of one of my coworker friends with a little note... Enjoy!

Later that afternoon, she comes over with this weird grin. She asked if I knew what was in the box....

"No.... tea?"

"You'd better open it." she says thrusting this box of Celestial Seasonings in my hand.

Oh God. I thought. Bugs? Mice? Putrid festering unmentionable things? What was in the box?

I gingerly open it expecting, oh I don't know, locusts to come flying out. Or maybe something slimey or gooey. I mean, it has been a while (but within the expiration date!)

Well, thankfully, nothing came flying out. Inside, nestled in a lovely pink bag is this very nice beaded watch. It's quite lovely! I didn't know that tea came with surprises inside!

What's most mysterious is that I DO seem to remember buying the tea. I definately remember the conversation about blueberry tea. The box looked like it was unopened. It was still wrapped in cellophane, although upon careful examination, it did appear that the cello was carefully opened and reclosed. I don't remember receiving tea as a gift and I am very interested in solving this little mystery.

Very very interesting....

No comments: