Wednesday, September 3, 2008

JC approves of yardwork

This past weekend, I finally had the time and the energy to 'clean up' the backyard. Actually, it wasn't that bad... the grassy area was overgrown and the beds needed tidying up. But with the heat and spending most summer saturday mornings in dog training, I never had the time. I made sure the front lawn was tidy and left the back au natural... kinda like a lawn mullet.

On Sunday, I weed-wacked and edged and trimmed and raked and bagged. I re-arranged the patio furniture and put the loungers back in the shade under the porch. I blew (swept) the patio clean and then hosed away remaining dirt. I skimmed the pool clean of leaf bits and grass and floated the rest of the day away with drink in hand. 5 hours of work paid off! The backyard looks so nice that I even added new solar lights. Makes me want to be outside.

Did you know yardwork burns about 550 calories for every 90 minutes? Just mowing the lawn (90 minutes) burns about 325. I still want to hire yard guys, but it IS rewarding doing it yourself... especially if JC is watching.

Today I checked in with JC, I had lost another 4.6 pounds! Whooo hoooo! That's just short of 17 pounds since I started. Happy Happy!

*************************
Side Note: Storms blew in over night and it's been really windy. My nice clean happy backyard will need sprucing up again this weekend.

No comments: